token? snippet?

Anonymous
Not applicable

token? snippet?

I'm creating a master nurture campaign with multiple assets for multiple sales reps that will run for the next three months.  I'd like to set up the emails and use tokens/snippets to dynamically add the "from" name and the email signature for each sales rep based on each list, but am unsure of how to pull that off.

For example, if the lead is on the "bob smith" list, I want to use a token for Bob Smith in the "from" section.  I also want to then drop in Bob Smith's email signature at the bottom for that group of emails.  

I will send the same email (body text) from 8 different reps on one day and am hoping that I can automate it a bit. Any input is welcome!
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: token? snippet?

Sandy, do you have the rep information in the contact's record?  If you do, you have the option of using tokens such as {{lead.lead owner first name}} and {{lead.lead owner email address}} to populate this information. If not, you can always use segments and dynamic content.
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Sandy, 

If you are looking to have the To, From, and Reply-To be dynamic by lead owner for your email, you would have to use tokens (https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqHCAS)

At my company, we add tokens to the email copy for the email signature.  However, you can use snippets and add tokens to the snippet to make the email signature dynamic from the sales rep.  To do this, you would include the tokens for the lead owner first and last name, the lead owner email address, and the lead owner phone number (https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LBHaCAO#add-token). 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick replies!   I need the email signature to mimic something like this:

SANDY BARSOTTI | Digital River | Sr. Marketing Automation Manager
o: 412-920-2403 | sbarsotti@digitalriver.com | www.digitalriver.com
730 Holiday Drive; Third Floor, Foster Plaza #8; Pittsburgh, PA  15220

So, would I use snippets for each rep?  Or can I use an rich text or text token?

Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you use the snippet, you would only need to create one.  When you insert the tokens, these values will dynamically populate with the lead owner's information. 

You would set this up, in the email copy or snippet, using a combination of tokens and text:

{{lead.Lead Owner First Name:default=editme}} {{lead.Lead Owner Last Name:default=editme}} | Digital River | {{lead.Lead Owner Job Title:default=editme}} 

O: 
{{lead.Lead Owner Phone Number:default=editme}}{{lead.Lead Owner Email Address:default=editme}} sbarsotti@digitalriver.com | www.digitalriver.com

730 Holiday Drive; Third Floor, Foster Plaza #8; Pittsburgh, PA  15220
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

The value of the snippet over just adding tokens here, is that you would only need to develop the snippet once, and then you could drop it into emails over and over again. Also, if you were to change your signature format, then you could update the snippet, approve all of the emails where it's used, and then you'd have the emails all updated without really doing a ton of work!

Definitely a perk to using snippets!
Abaran
Level 5

Dory 

Do you know if we can include personalized tokens into the snippets? That would allow to just change the tokens and not touch the snippets therefore you would not need to re-approve the emails.

Thanks
Axel
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Axel, you can use tokens, as described here