SOLVED

Re: {{system.UnsubscribeLink}} not picking up

Go to solution
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

{{system.UnsubscribeLink}} not picking up

Hey guys,

I'm sure I'm overlooking something very simple here, but I'm using {{system.UnsubscribeLink}} as a token in the footer of a new email template, but when the email or a sample is sent out, it still adds the default Marketo unsub language at the very bottom.

What am I forgetting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Gotcha.

First guess: try changing it from {{system.UnsubscribeLink}} to {{system.unsubscribeLink}}, according to Marketo documentation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Tokens within tokens? I'm guessing it's a problem with tokens within tokens.

Edward

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Typo! Meant to say "as a token". Cleaning up the original post now.

Take a look at the code:

<td style="font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', 'Helvetica', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: #888; text-align: center; font-weight: 400; font-size: 11px; line-height: 1.2; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-top: 0; text-decoration: none;"><a style="color: #888; text-decoration: underline;" href="{{system.UnsubscribeLink}}">Update Preferences</a> | <a style="color: #888; text-decoration: underline;" href="{{my.Privacy Policy}}">Privacy Policy</a></td>

Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Gotcha.

First guess: try changing it from {{system.UnsubscribeLink}} to {{system.unsubscribeLink}}, according to Marketo documentation.

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Ha, knew it was something simple I was overlooking. Thanks Edward.

Curiously, {{system.UnsubscribeLink}} still functions and populates the correct URL into the email body, but it doesn't prevent the default unsubscribe message from being added as well.