syncing SFDC tasks & activities to MKTO

stacenic
Level 3

syncing SFDC tasks & activities to MKTO

Hi!

Has anyone synced their SFDC activities to MKTO? Specifically I am building prospect lifecycle campaigns in MKTO - one of the criteria is knowing when there has been a touchpoint from sales - ie a dial or email sent (which we can see in SFDC). Is there a way to sync this and if so how have you set it up? 

I know I can go to the sfdc sync option under Admin: 

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 4.48.27 PM.png

But it looks like everything listed above is actually MKTO activity you can sync to SFDC. Appreciate any help or insights! 

3 REPLIES 3
Phillip_Wild
Level 10

Re: syncing SFDC tasks & activities to MKTO

Great question. I know this is possible since we have some SFDC activities come into Marketo under a heading of "SFDC Activity". But since it's set up in SFDC I've never actually seen where this is done.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Yes Marketo can create tasks in SFDC, but it doesn't record the id of the task it just created so you can't go back and change that task. What you see in the activity log of a Marketo record where a task/activity is referenced is due to the record being linked to the task via the whoid on the task - not at all because of a task that marketo created having been updated.  In that sense you can't achieve true bi-directional "sync". 

I don't think you need the sort of sync you're thinking about to build what you want. if you have standardised task subject lines, Marketo can pick those up, provided the task has been logged on a lead/contact and not an account/opportunity.

If you have more sophisticated requirements and if you have the dev resources to throw at it, a combination of SFDC flows and custom fields acting as flags for marketo to trigger off might be a more robust solution

stacenic
Level 3

thank you for the reply! We want to take tasks that our sales team has set (or completed) in SFDC and have it sync over to MKTO - in order to move people through our stages. So for SAL - on the MKTO side - in order to be in this stage - we want to see that sales is actively reaching out to the prospect and it seems like the only way to do this is to view SFDC task/activity history in MKTO. Unfortunately, we do not have a standard set of subjects we use for tasks.