SOLVED

syncLead clearing field data

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

syncLead clearing field data

Is it possible thru the soap API (w/o needing anything else) to clear the value from a field, custom or otherwise?

I've tried just passing thru a blank value and that doesn't seem to do anything. Changing the value to something else does work, I just don't see a way to clear it out.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: syncLead clearing field data

Hey Brian,

The same applies to syncLead as it does to Change Data Value.  You can input "NULL" into the attribute, and it will clear the value in the field.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Brian,

You can empty a field by using the flow step "Change Data Value" and entering a value of "NULL". 
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds like something you can't do thru the API. Is there no way to do it via the syncLead (or any other) call in the SOAP API?

Edit: I guess I could setup a smart campaign that could clear out fields and call that via the API requestCampaign, but to rely on something that has to be done in the UI first rather than just natively in the API seems somewhat hack-ish.

Any other possible solutions?

Thanks!

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Brian,

The same applies to syncLead as it does to Change Data Value.  You can input "NULL" into the attribute, and it will clear the value in the field.
Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Hi Kenny Elkington and Brian Miller

I tried this with a date field, and it did not work. Do you know a way where I can clear  a date field through a marketo campaign?