SOLVED

Re: supporter Journey and engagement stream tokens?

Go to solution
Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

supporter Journey and engagement stream tokens?

Hi all,

is there a way to tokenise the engagement stream a person is in? Our situation: we have a custom field called current journey, but nothing has been programmed to change the value in this field when people move through the welcome journey stream  through to the engagement journey stream or the development journey stream.

I would like to add in a flow step to change the value in that field to represent the stream the lead is currently in, therefore my question -  Can streams be named in tokens?

Thanks,

Lucas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Lucas

Quick answer is: no, I don't believe there is a token you can use which represents the current engagement program stream. 

However , depending on what you are trying to do, I'm not certain this is the easiest solution. In the activity log you will see what stream someone is in, and when they change stream. You can also have a "success" stream where you place people after they have finished the stream.

How we run this is that we have five engagement streams based on propensity to buy. We have a scoring field which ranges between 0-1000. As the score increases or decreases, we have triggers that modify the engagement program a person is in. Example:

Trigger campaign: if score changes and new score is greater than 800, add to engagement program E, and remove from all other engagement programs.

Does this help? Or do you want to use that field in an email itself?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Hi Lucas

Quick answer is: no, I don't believe there is a token you can use which represents the current engagement program stream. 

However , depending on what you are trying to do, I'm not certain this is the easiest solution. In the activity log you will see what stream someone is in, and when they change stream. You can also have a "success" stream where you place people after they have finished the stream.

How we run this is that we have five engagement streams based on propensity to buy. We have a scoring field which ranges between 0-1000. As the score increases or decreases, we have triggers that modify the engagement program a person is in. Example:

Trigger campaign: if score changes and new score is greater than 800, add to engagement program E, and remove from all other engagement programs.

Does this help? Or do you want to use that field in an email itself?

Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Thank you, it does help. Because we are nonprofit not sales, the scoring system is not in use in our org. I also guess that if we want to know the stream a person is in we can just query it by member of engagement program > stream name..

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Just confirming what Phillip thought: there’s no {{trigger.token}} that automatically contains the stream name.

({{trigger.name}}, by counterexample, contains the Program Name for stream changes, just as it does for status changes.)
Oz_Platero
Level 6

If you are open to suggestions for alternatives.