SOLVED

Re: subscription center help!

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

subscription center help!

I've tried to implement a new subscription center by altering our Unsubscribe form. I took the Unsubscribe field and just gave it a different name "No more emails", and now it won't work. I logged a case with Support but they said they can't help with custom coding -- although there was no custom coding involved, I just changed the name of the field on the form. HELP!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Ok, so that token is setup to set Unsubscribe=TRUE. Since you've made it a non hidden field that someone can change, this no longer works.

replace this:
%mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##

with

http://your.domain.com/unsubscribepage.html

or reformat it to have the link as you want it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13

Sarah,

The default one should not be modified without careful consideration because Marketo set it up to work a certain way.

Did you edit anything other than the Label? Or did you edit the Admin > Email area?
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I did was change the name of the field on the form, and then added 3 other fields (like, unsubscribe to event emails). I didn't touch anything in Admin>Email
Josh_Hill13

Post a screenshot.

The best thing to do is CLONE a page & form before you make a change like this. I'd say undo whatever changes you made and then clone or create a new page.

The original marketo page uses the MKT_TOK and unsubscribe hidden field to manage this, so I suspect that got deleted or changed somehow.

Here are some ideas later on in this deck
http://www.slideshare.net/jdavidhill/marketo-email-reputation-management
Anonymous
Not applicable

0EM50000000SUFm.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the unsubscribe text currently:

This email was sent to {{lead.First Name}} at {{lead.Email Address}}. If you no longer wish to receive these emails you may unsubscribe here: %mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##.
Josh_Hill13

Ok, so that token is setup to set Unsubscribe=TRUE. Since you've made it a non hidden field that someone can change, this no longer works.

replace this:
%mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##

with

http://your.domain.com/unsubscribepage.html

or reformat it to have the link as you want it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just changing the unsubscribe text won't work though, correct? I'll have to alter the HTML?
<!--  =====================
BEGIN: Unsubscribe -->
          <left>
            <table style="border-spacing: 0; border-collapse: collapse; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; width: 600px; margin: 0 auto; padding: 0; display: table !important;">
              <tbody>
                <tr style="vertical-align: bottom; text-align: left; padding: 0;" align="center">
                  <td style="border-collapse: collapse !important; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; color: #e3e3e3; font-family: 'Helvetica', 'Arial', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 12px; font-size: 8px; margin: 0; padding: 5px 0 0 0;" align="center" valign="top">
                    <span  style="font-size: 10px; color: #909294">
                      This email was sent to {{lead.First Name}} at {{lead.Email Address}}
                    </span>
                  </td>
                </tr>
                <tr style="vertical-align: bottom; text-align: left; padding: 0;" align="center">
                  <td style="border-collapse: collapse !important; vertical-align: top; text-align: left; color: #e3e3e3; font-family: 'Helvetica', 'Arial', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 12px; font-size: 8px; margin: 0; padding: 5px 0 30px 0;" align="left" valign="top">
                    <span  style="font-size: 10px; color: #909294">
                      <a href="="%mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##" style="color: #909294; text-decoration: none; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal;">
                        Unsubscribe
                      </a> | 
                      <a href="http://marcomcentral.com/about/privacy" style="color: #909294; text-decoration: none; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal;">
                        Privacy
                      </a> | Copyright © 2014 MarcomCentral
                    </span>
                  </td>
                </tr>
              </tbody>
            </table>
          </center>
<!-- END: Unsubscribe
======================= -->