Re: subscribe to interesting moments

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

subscribe to interesting moments

I would like to enable our sales team to subscribe to interesting moments directly from MSI. I've been trying to test this out

to see what the alerts look like and if they are customizable, but I have not received any alert emails from marketo.

Can someone confirm if the following steps are correct? (screen shots attached)

1.Go to the MSI section of a lead in Salesforce and select the email icon on the side to subscribe

2. Subscribe to alerts by picking a type

3. Add email that should be receiving the alerts

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Adam_Benitez1
Level 3

Hi, Alexis.

Yes, that's how you do it. There may be a couple of minute lag from when you click Subscribe though.

To have their lead feed work, you'll have to check the RSS Feed setting in Admin > Sales Insight > Settings > RSS Feed.

Enable RSS for Sales Insight - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

Thanks, Adam.  I'm still not getting the alerts and double checked that the RSS feed is enabled. 

Adam_Benitez1
Level 3

You would be getting subscriptions for the type you choose for the leads you choose. Unfortunately, it won't subscribe you to all Web leads if you choose "Web". Maybe try subscribing to "Web", "Email", "Milestone" for a lead you know will do some activity to see if it works.

So just to clarify, you would have to subscribe to each lead individually for that "Type" or "Description" to get notifications when that lead performs an activity that fits. To me, it's better to just choose to receive all notifications (check by the name of lead) instead of restricting, but that's assuming your Interesting Moments are mostly interesting.

Katie_DenHollan
Level 3

Hi Alexis,

Have you had any resolution on this? We are having the same issue right now. We did not have RSS enabled, so I've updated that, but it doesn't seem to have worked, unless it takes time to go into effect.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tested this out by subscribing to my test lead and received an alert almost immediately after subscribing:

pastedImage_0.png

Are you subscribing to the Interesting Moment Type only?

Katie_DenHollan
Level 3

Hi Emily,

Thanks for responding! I am subscribed to all interesting moments for a particular contact instead of a particular type of IM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It should work if you are subscribed to just one individual. Can you subscribe to one of your test leads and perform an interesting moment just to verify?

If that doesn't work, I'd submit a support ticket.

Katie_DenHollan
Level 3

Yes, I've tried it with several leads in our database now with no luck. I've had a support ticket open for about a week now, and we still haven't figured it out, so I thought it was worth reaching out to some community posts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Darn