showing prices in currency based on country in an email - ideas needed

Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

showing prices in currency based on country in an email - ideas needed

i'm running a nurturing program for new customers and in the last email i have product pricing listed.

what is the best way to show the prices in local currency based on the customer country?

i was thinking about velocity scripting with all the prices/countries mentioned in "if country is A show A pricing" mode

but this does sound like too complex for me because of all the possible options

may be there is a better way of doing it? like, having the prices imported in Marketo somewhere, and just reffering to that place using tokens?

or calling a webhook to our CRM/website? (we use a custom CRM, so here we might have a complcation as well)

would be grateful for any ideas

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: showing prices in currency based on country in an email - ideas needed

There are two ways to do this, you could have a field in Marketo that contains the price and use that as a token.  Or what you could do is use a velocity script to calculate the price at runtime, or at least format it correctly.

Here is a link to the site where you can read up on this capability:  developers.marketo.com

Also you can get examples of velocity scripts here on the community, just search for it

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It may be easier to pull the list of prices and characters to reupload to a "temp field" like Forex Price Amt - Temp and use the token to ensure accuracy.

You could also use SFDC to run this as a formula for each lead and then use that token.

I think velocity scripting would work, but be prone to errors or complexity due to the number of currencies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vlada Prasolova

If I understand the business case correctly, you have 'price lists' one for each country say. And all you want to do is to send appropriate price sheet based on the country of the lead. You said 'prices' so I think it is multiple products and their prices.

You might be able to do this using Dynamic Contents / Snippets based on country.

Or

Velocity scripting might be cleaner too. Just hard code the prices and currencies for each country.

Hope this helps

Rajesh Talele