Re: sfdc campaign member status changes automatically

Michelle_Tang3
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

sfdc campaign member status changes automatically

We are having major issues where the sfdc campaign member status changes out of no where. We don't run any smart campaigns to change it and what happens is that it provides false positives to our Sales and Marketing team that relies on using the campaign member status to see who responds to a Marketing campaign. For example the status would be set to Sent for a Direct Mailer and than the status would change to Responded even though they didn't fill out the form to the Direct Mailer piece. Has anyone had this issue before? We are going around in circles fixing statuses. Any helpful feedback would be great! Unfortunately, we reached out to both SFDC and Marketo support and they haven't been helpful.

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Ande_Kempf4
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Hi Michelle,

When did you notice the change? I'm curious if this has anything to do with Marketo rolling out the "wait list" status in channel tags.

Michelle_Tang3
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

it's been happening for months now =(

Ande_Kempf4
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Ah I see. Do you know if SFDC is changing the campaign status or if the change is coming from Marketo? I realize you said that you have no activate campaign changing the Campaign Status in SFDC - but I'm curious if you have been able to narrow down where the change to the status is taking place.

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Please check the activity log of the lead once, what's making this to happen?

Also, could you check what is the default status in your Salesforce Campaign? It may be due to the program level sync in Marketo and the status getting changed to default status.

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yeah, as others have alluded, we need to first break it down into which system is actually making the change to know where to focus troubleshooting efforts. The activity log in Marketo or the log in SFDC should tell you which one is the troublemaker. It sounds to me like you have something conflicting - perhaps a workflow triggering in SFDC conflicting with the Campaign-Program sync in Marketo. I've unwittingly gotten myself in terrible tangles in the past when conflicting workflows send things into a change loop.

Lava_Fataka1
Level 1

Agree with above suggestions: try removing in the program setup the Sync to Salesforce campaign (if that is there..?)... If that solves it, perhaps do all your SF syncing via smart campaigns which is more controllable on what you want to sync...

EdwardMasson
Level 1

It sounds like folks are becoming members of your program, and they get the defaulted Marketo program status which, if it's connected to a SFDC campaign, gets reflected.

Whats are your program status set as for this channel in Marketo & SFDC?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, you always must ensure the Program Status=Member Status or that will occur or it will throw an error.