removing intro and main titles from emails

Anonymous
Not applicable

removing intro and main titles from emails

I am creating an email blast and have incorporated my graphic and main title in one block.  On the other hand I have email content blocks (on right hand side) that I want to remove and tighten up the entire email.  How is this done.
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: removing intro and main titles from emails

[deleted]
Anonymous
Not applicable

Without seeing the email or the HTML, I would say you need to clone your exisiting template, and then modify the HTML of the cloned template and remove the content blocks you no longer want.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It might be easier to do this for Jim's single email by clicking on Edit HTML and removing the table cells that are in the way.

That will disconnect the email from the template.

Not ideal overall, but easily done.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jim,

Josh's option is also a perfectly viable solution.  Is this going to be a one off email, or do you forsee future emails utlizing this same layout?  If you are planning future emails that omit the content blocks, then I would stick to my original suggestion and clone the email template, edit the cloned version, and then save it so you have the option of using either the tempate with the content blocks or the tempalte sans content blocks.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jim,

You can also download a billion (approximately...at least that's what it feels like) templates from Marketo. These come from MailChimp mainly, but other sources as well.

If you're looking for different email templates/styles that would work better for you, this might be another alternative. Otherwise, you have to dive into the HTML like Josh & Kenny recommended.