"email is" vs. "Email starts with"

Anonymous
Not applicable

"email is" vs. "Email starts with"

Can you please explain to me what the difference between “Email is” and “Email starts with” in the smart lists?

When Marketo built my campaigns for emails, I see they set it up as “email starts with” but when I built it on my own, I selected “email is” and then selected which emails I was sending.

What is the differance?

Thanks
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "email is" vs. "Email starts with"

Email is would be used for a specific email, or several. Whereas email starts with is useful if you would like to include several possible emails. Remember that all emails start with the name of the program (e.g. "programname.emailname") so you could say "email starts with programname" and that would include all emails in that program, isntead of having to pick each one individually using email is
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "email is" vs. "Email starts with"

Naor, 

I have an additional question regarding your answer... Im sending out an email blast for a monthly newsletter. I will use it as an example to clarify your answer above. You indicated that if I want to send multiple emails in one campaign to use just the "programname" to it grabs all emails under that program... In my selections this isnt an option, it includes the email on the end like you said: "programname.emailname" So my question is if I make future emails "programname.emailname1" then "programname.emailname2" will this have the same effect?