SOLVED

"You cannot edit an API user that is being used in API service" - tracing the cause?

Go to solution
lukea
Level 3

"You cannot edit an API user that is being used in API service" - tracing the cause?

Hello community,

I want to edit an API user. However, when trying to do so, Marketo says "You cannot edit an API user that is being used in API service". Does that mean, there's a non-expired access token for that user out there? I'm unsure on how to debug this, and finally edit the user; it is used only for manual API calls, i.e. the user is not used by any self-standing application or something.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: "You cannot edit an API user that is being used in API service" - tracing the cause?

The message merely means a linked LaunchPoint (Custom) Service exists. It doesn't mean the user is being "used" as in "making API calls."

So you need to temporarily relink the service to another user, change your user, then link it back.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: "You cannot edit an API user that is being used in API service" - tracing the cause?

The message merely means a linked LaunchPoint (Custom) Service exists. It doesn't mean the user is being "used" as in "making API calls."

So you need to temporarily relink the service to another user, change your user, then link it back.