"View as Web Page" functionality without being included in email

Anonymous
Not applicable

"View as Web Page" functionality without being included in email

Hello Marketing community!

I'm writing with a suggested functionality! I prefer to use a URL to pass around emails internally for approval, as opposed to forwarding the emails themselves - since forwarding starts to get messy and the URL stays up to date with any changes we make. Not all stakeholders have Marketo access, so we use the "View as Web Page" URL.

We don't want to use "View as Web Page" in our actual marketing emails themselves, so we end up duplicating our emails with "dummy" version that has "View As Web Page" - just so we can internally pass that URL around and continue to reference it after the fact too.

I'd love to see Marketo provide the ability to get an externally visible URL for an email without necessitating a "View as Web Page" on that email.

Does anyone else have this same issue?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: "View as Web Page" functionality without being included in email

(Post should be in Products or Ideas, not Marketing Central.)

You don't need the link in the email, but you do need a mkt_tok (lead + email identifier) to pass to the web viewer. Which means you need to include the token somewhere in the email, even if just for copying and pasting.

But I can't say I understand why you want to suppress the link, since it provides a valuable compatibility measure. I click a couple of web views a week in mktg emails.