"Unknown User", Landing Pages all unapproved at same exact time

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Unknown User", Landing Pages all unapproved at same exact time

Somehow our landing pages all became unapproved by an "Unknown User", each at exactly 9:28 this morning, anyone have an idea how this may have happened?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: "Unknown User", Landing Pages all unapproved at same exact time

Was this information on the landing page itself, or in the Audit Trail? I would probably reach out to Marketo support, since it's likely that you'll need their auditing capabilities to clear this up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was in the Audit Trail. I will reach out to support. Thank you!

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

It looks like Sydney Mulligan​ might have an open case for this.. Maybe you two can connect?

SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sarah O'Brien​ I do have an open case with support. Here is what they said:

"This is a bug our Engineering team is aware of and working to fix.

To sum things up, this 'unknown' editor is listed when a change occurs that isn't logged by a user. For example, if you have a landing page with a form on it, and that form uses an SFDC synced custom field, and that field gets changed in SFDC, the change will be reflected on the form and the audit trail will say it was edited by an unknown user.

There is currently a ticket open with Engineering to get this fixed. "

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sydney Mulligan - Thank You! Can you let me know if/when you hear back from them about the bug?

SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hey Sarah! Just heard back from Support.

Hi Sydney,

Apologies for the delay on this, but our engineering team has determined this is expected, ableit alarming, behavior.

Whenever an automated process makes changes to an asset or a portion of it, like the example I posted in my previous comment, the audit trail will tag it as an 'unknown' because the change happened from a source that isn't tied to a user in your instance. And example of this would be if you have a landing page with a form on it, and that form uses an SFDC synced custom field, and that field gets changed in SFDC, the change will be reflected on the form and the audit trail will say it was edited by an unknown user.

Please let me know if you have any questions on this.

Best,
Jimmie

Nick_Ezzo1
Level 1

Same issue here.  Thousands of pages were unapproved.  At the same time, a SFDC admin updated a field that then synced to Marketo.  Interestingly, we've had a case open with Marketo Support and apparently they don't know about this site for answers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

By this page do you mean Marketo Community? That's wild.