SOLVED

"Salesforce Campaign flow steps in smart campaigns will be skipped"

Go to solution
Mikes_Jones
Level 8

"Salesforce Campaign flow steps in smart campaigns will be skipped"

Can someone clarify what this means? I tried looking it up in the Marketo docs but don't see anything that specifically addresses this.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: "Salesforce Campaign flow steps in smart campaigns will be skipped"

Hi Malik,

This means that when you have a Marketo program synced with a Salesforce campaign you should be managing the membership on the Marketo side.  For instance, if you were to try to add a new member by using an Add To Salesforce campaign flow step in one of your smart campaigns, it would skip that step because what you should actually be doing is using a Change Program Status flow step to add the lead to the Marketo Program.  The Program then automatically syncs the lead to the Salesforce campaign.

The "error" you're seeing is just to let you know that while the program and campaign are synced you should manage membership on the Marketo side.

John

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Malik,

Where are you reading this ?

Usually, This probably means that your SQFDC campaigns are not synchonized (Admin -> Salesforce and check the "Salesforce Campaign Sync" is enabled).

-Greg

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Malik,

This means that when you have a Marketo program synced with a Salesforce campaign you should be managing the membership on the Marketo side.  For instance, if you were to try to add a new member by using an Add To Salesforce campaign flow step in one of your smart campaigns, it would skip that step because what you should actually be doing is using a Change Program Status flow step to add the lead to the Marketo Program.  The Program then automatically syncs the lead to the Salesforce campaign.

The "error" you're seeing is just to let you know that while the program and campaign are synced you should manage membership on the Marketo side.

John

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Super helpful, awesome to know! Thanks!

Ande_Kempf4
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Hi John,

I have set up campaigns that have the SFDC campaign connected to a web program in the setup tab verses the flow step and I am still running into the issue of "skipped status unchanged" with multiple form fills. This is a problem bc the "Last Date Modified" in SFDC is not updated because the member status doesn't change in Marketo. Do you know a way around this skip? Do I have to create multiple statuses for every download?