"Lead status" field reverted to just "Status"

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Lead status" field reverted to just "Status"

Hi everyone!

We have come across an interesting change this week.

Background: We often pull a complete Marketo export file for one of our workspaces.

Situation:

In the default view of this report, we have some fields like First Name, Last Name, etc. and "Status". This "status" column in default view pulls the lead statuses. One of my colleagues pointed out that this used to be "Lead Status" before this release. And we export the file, the excel file's column reads "lead status".

This gets confusing for us because when we try to edit the report to add additional fields we want to pull, we have another "status" field which is an option to include but it is not the field that tracks the lead status.
Till last week, we used to see "Lead status" in our default view which is now reverted to only "status".

Is there a bug that reverted the field name to "status" from "lead status" in Marketo after the release possibly?

Has anybody else faced any similar issues?

Please advise.

Thanks!
Khushboo

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Lead status" field reverted to just "Status"

Seems like a minor issue...can you not just edit your Excel file to say Lead Status?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jason,

The excel file says "Lead Status" but it doesn't say lead status within Marketo environment. That being said, I also want to know if this has changed recently

.0EM50000000SEau.jpg

0EM50000000SEaz.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

I  am experiencing  same issue. When I try to update this status field rest api comes back with an error.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Harshala,

Please see Support's response on this:

“The behavior you're seeing is the expected behavior and the toggling of Status and Lead Status has been a part of Marketo for years. We typically recommend clients do not create custom fields names similarly to standard fields to prevent confusion of which field is being chosen. Another field that behaves this way is Email Address as it shows up as just Email in some places and Email Address in others. It's legacy pieces of code that we've brought up with our Product Managers before but they don't feel like there's a need to make a change”

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Khushboo
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Khushboo,
Thanks for your response!
That really helps.

Thanks,
Harshala