SOLVED

Re: "Lead Was Deleted from SFDC" removed a person that was DEFINITELY in Salesforce. What's up with that?

Go to solution
Aaron_Dear
Level 3

Re: "Lead Was Deleted from SFDC" removed a person that was DEFINITELY in Salesforce. What's up with that?

I thought so, too, but the test I did yesterday allowed a "Sync to SFDC" flowstep to a lead in the recycle bin. I've copy-pasted those steps below:

1. First, I deleted my test lead in Salesforce (the lead sits in the recycle bin now)
    • SFDCisDeleted=TRUE now...
  2. Then, I ran a batch campaign to Sync to SFDC
    • SFDCisDeleted=FALSE now...
    • Syncing occurred without a problem

It's a pretty fringe case, and I'm not too worried for now. Appreciate your help and digging Steven!

Sarah_Moughan
Level 1

Thanks for all of the info, Aaron.  Have you noticed that if/when Marketo adds back the person who was formerly deleted from Salesforce 1) SFDC Is Deleted goes from True to False (good) 2) there is NO corresponding entry in the Activity Log for the change in value of SFDC Is Deleted?  That seems like a bug. 

Aaron_Dear
Level 3

Hey Sarah,

So...

1. Yes, I do notice the SFDC Is Deleted flag going from TRUE to FALSE
  2. I haven't noticed.

It's been a long time since I've looked at this - I haven't run into the issue since. Hope you find an answer as well.