"Edit Draft" and "Preview Email" pages never load--connection time out

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Edit Draft" and "Preview Email" pages never load--connection time out

New to Marketo and hoping someone can help.

On my home network, the "Edit Draft" and "Preview Email" pages do not load and I always get back a connection time out message. I've tried it on Chrome, Safari, and IE. I've tried it on Mac and PC. I've tried it on wifi and on a direct connection. No dice. I'm not running any special firewall settings, nothing unusual.

I haven't had any problems on other networks yet, so obviously something is happening with mine. I've asked Marketo support multiple times if there's something special these two pages are trying to load that others aren't, if there's a minimum speed req, etc in hopes of a clue, but their response has been to "contact my IT administrator"--not helpful when you're on a home network.

Hoping someone else has had a similar problem and might have a clue!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Edit Draft" and "Preview Email" pages never load--connection time out

Hi Anne

It seems your PC can't reach marketodesigner.com host.

This server is used for edit and preview.

For example, If your marketo login host is "app-xx99-marketo.com", your desiner host is na-xx99-marketodesigner.com maybe.

Check ping command or test below.

- You select edit or preview, you will met time out and copy that URL.

- Open another tab and paste hostname. (trim string behind .com)

- If you will see Quoth the Rave - 404 (not found), you can reach marketodesigner.com.

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 13.13.17.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get a 404 on marketodesigner.com.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HTTP error 404 means Not Found and this 404 page is showed by marketodesigner.com server.

I think it's difficult to fix this issue in your company.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Anne,

Have you tried to completely clean your browser from all historical info, cache and cookies ?

It also could be linked to the DNS settings of your Internet access point.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

No luck when I reset. I think something is happen to the auth flow of my account on this network, because if I try to get to someone else's machine (na-XX.marketodesigner.com) it loads the proper login page that I'd expect. 

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Could you pull up the command line, "Command Line" in Windows, "Terminal" in Mac, and put in this command then post the result?

nslookup na-xx.marketodesigner.com

make sure to replace xx with whatever's in your specific domain.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was never able to pinpoint what was going on. Marketo support said they'd seen one other ticket in 2014 for this; it was unresolved. I ended up having Comcast come out, they were stumped too. They ended up replacing the whole system and now it works.