SOLVED

Re: "Do Not Track" - User Experience

Go to solution
Max_Maurier
Level 3 - Champion

"Do Not Track" - User Experience

If we enable support for DNT Browser Request, is there an adjustment to what a visitor to a Marketo LP sees?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I believe DNT support is broken, so don't bother trusting that. (I'll check again, but if I recall correctly the broken part is it won't stop Clicked Email tracking, which is part of the promise you make when you say you aren't tracking folks.)

To the degree that any policy actually stops Munchkin from setting cookies (or Marketo from looking up a previously set cookie) the user experience can be vastly different -- if you are personalizing pages based on lead segment, lead fields, etc. none of that will work. Something as simple as Pre-Fill or Known Visitor HTML won't work, either, by definition.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

No. But there will be an adjustment in your tracking / web page visits for visitors that have DNT activated on their browser.

-Greg

Max_Maurier
Level 3 - Champion

Thanks Greg!

So this should be enabled in conjunction with a pop-up cookie message on all landing pages, correct?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I believe DNT support is broken, so don't bother trusting that. (I'll check again, but if I recall correctly the broken part is it won't stop Clicked Email tracking, which is part of the promise you make when you say you aren't tracking folks.)

To the degree that any policy actually stops Munchkin from setting cookies (or Marketo from looking up a previously set cookie) the user experience can be vastly different -- if you are personalizing pages based on lead segment, lead fields, etc. none of that will work. Something as simple as Pre-Fill or Known Visitor HTML won't work, either, by definition.

Max_Maurier
Level 3 - Champion

Thanks Sanford! It sounds like the best approach is to enable DNT (just in case) in conjunction with cookie notification pop-up.