SOLVED

Re: "Declined" Program Status?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Declined" Program Status?

Taking a poll here - is anyone using "Declined" as a Program Status? One of my AEs recently asked if this was an option, and I told her that it technically was, but it wasn't an OOTB status recommended by Marketo, and I began to wonder why.

I definitely understand the benefits of keeping statuses as simple as possible, but are there any other down sides to using this status? I'm thinking especially for Telemarketing and Email Blast programs, but maybe even all of them. I'd love to get the community's thoughts on this!

(Not that we get turned down a lot - obviously 🙂 )
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is a combination of Mark and Michelle's answers....If you are running a program and use "declined" as a metric that would be program specific (such as they "declined" an offer specific to that program) then I would say it's worth it.

If you want to indicate if the lead "declined" your company's services or products entirely, then I would do what Mark suggested and indicate that in the Lead Status field or a Life Cycle Status field you have.

tm

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

We use declined as a status.  Some of our channels are integrated with telemarketing, direct mail and email and we need a way for our telemarketers to tell us that the customer is not interested in a product so we don't email or call them for a particular product.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

...seem like this should maybe stay the job of Lead Status...program success/progresson status is based on engagment not where the buyer is in the journey...
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is a combination of Mark and Michelle's answers....If you are running a program and use "declined" as a metric that would be program specific (such as they "declined" an offer specific to that program) then I would say it's worth it.

If you want to indicate if the lead "declined" your company's services or products entirely, then I would do what Mark suggested and indicate that in the Lead Status field or a Life Cycle Status field you have.

tm