SOLVED

"Clicks link in email" trigger not working.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Clicks link in email" trigger not working.

I'm having issues triggering my flow steps based on the following smart list criteria:

Clicks link in Email - chose link to whitepaper provided by green "+" pick list

Member of Engagement Program = True, specified program and stream (all are correct, as I've gone over this multiple times to ensure this wasn't the issue).

The flow step is just to change the lead to a different stream if they click our CTA.

The only thing I can think of is that there is an issue with the link itself - but since I selected it from the pick list Marketo provides with all available links in the email, this has got me stumped.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, can you provide any guidance on the topic?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: "Clicks link in email" trigger not working.

In order to test the click link in email activity, you will need to send the email to the test person in a flow step, it cannot be a sample/test email or a preview email. Also make sure the test person meets the other criteria in regards to being a member of the engagement program. If there is no squiggly line under the link in the "clicks link in email" trigger, then the link is correct.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal

Britt,

I would first, as a test, run a smart list to compile a list of the same criteria to make sure people have actually clicked the link. Have people successfully run through the flow before, you're just expecting many more to have qualified?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Devraj,

This is a campaign that hasn't run yet -- I'm currently testing it and this is a kink I can't get out. When I test the stream with a fake lead, I click the CTA and the trigger isn't firing, despite having picked the CTA link from the pick list.

Devraj_Grewal

In order to test the click link in email activity, you will need to send the email to the test person in a flow step, it cannot be a sample/test email or a preview email. Also make sure the test person meets the other criteria in regards to being a member of the engagement program. If there is no squiggly line under the link in the "clicks link in email" trigger, then the link is correct.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Devraj! Problem solved.