SOLVED

"BlAck Listed" field name change to "BlOck Listed"?

Go to solution
haliddelkic
Level 2

"BlAck Listed" field name change to "BlOck Listed"?

Anyone else notice the "Black Listed" fields have been renamed to "Block Listed"?

Not that it makes any difference, just want to make sure I'm not going mad. 

They did used to be named Black Listed, right?? 

black-listed-name-change.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Re: "BlAck Listed" field name change to "BlOck Listed"?

I don't believe it was in release notes, but we updated all of our documentation regarding "Blacklists" to say updated naming conventions were coming. The change was part of a minor release last week, which are focused on bug fixes and minor, non-functional changes that don't get their own set of release notes.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, it was in the release notes. Part of industry-wide decisions for more neutral terms.

MichelleJ
Level 1

Do you know which release notes this was announced? I am trying to pinpoint an announcement of this so that we can be more vigilant next time. I wasn't able to see this here: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/2020

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

I don't believe it was in release notes, but we updated all of our documentation regarding "Blacklists" to say updated naming conventions were coming. The change was part of a minor release last week, which are focused on bug fixes and minor, non-functional changes that don't get their own set of release notes.

haliddelkic
Level 2

Thanks for confirming Steven. 

Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

I'm just now noticing this, as well. Very strange.

Diffsense.com says: "When used as nounsblacklist means a list or set of people or entities to be shunned or banned, whereas blocklist means a list of websites or other material to be blocked." (https://diffsense.com/diff/blacklist/blocklist)

It seems Marketo decided to move from a term that makes sense in the context of marketing automation to one that doesn't. Hopefully Marketo puts their energy into changes that improve functionality and not changes that create unnecessary confusion.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

They both mean a collection of items that are flagged as bad.