SOLVED

"Any Triggers" + 1 Filter

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Any Triggers" + 1 Filter

I'm trying to create an advanced filter rule (1 or 2) AND 3 for the below smart list.

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 1.18.05 PM.png

However, when I try to set it to "Advanced Filter Rules," the option is greyed out for this specific setup.

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 1.18.13 PM.png

Can someone explain why and help me understand how I can get it to work the way I want it to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: "Any Triggers" + 1 Filter

Filter logic can only be applied to FILTERS - not TRIGGERS.  Your first two are triggers.  Triggers are always "or" logic - meaning if either are true, it will continue and evaluate the trigger(s) you've defined.  So in essence, your smart list will execute as you intended it to.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dan_Stevens_

Filter logic can only be applied to FILTERS - not TRIGGERS.  Your first two are triggers.  Triggers are always "or" logic - meaning if either are true, it will continue and evaluate the trigger(s) you've defined.  So in essence, your smart list will execute as you intended it to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan,

Thanks for responding. So just to be clear, whether I applied "Apply ALL filters" or "Apply ANY filters", the smart list would still execute as intended?

I personally don't understand why their can't be advanced rules for both triggers and filters.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I personally don't understand why their can't be advanced rules for both triggers and filters.

Because a given trigger fires in response to a single activity, as reflected in the Activity Log.

You can't require that the same single activity is both a Filled Out Form and a Person is Created activity at the same time. They have an implicit OR condition.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sanford, that makes sense.

Dan_Stevens_

In addition to Sanford's response, you need 2 or more filters to apply ANY/ALL filter logic; and 3 or more filters to apply ADVANCED filter logic.  You only have one filter here - so filter logic will not be used here.  Either of the triggers must first execute (as a result of real-time activity) and then the lone filter must be true in order for people to qualify in this specific smart campaign.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it, thanks Dan.

Kodish_Potti2
Level 1

@Dan_Stevens_ / All,

Can you clarify/confirm the below conditions? How triggers and filters both are working in smart campaign. 

Ex: 1

Smart List: Trigger: Fill Out Form, 1. Filter: SFDC Type is Lead, 2 Filter: Sales Owner First Name is not Marketo, 3: Filter: Email is xxxx

Smart List rule logic: use All filters.

Ex: 2

Smart List: Trigger: Fill Out Form, 1. Filter: SFDC Type is Lead, 2 Filter: Sales Owner First Name is not Marketo, 3: Filter: Email is xxxx

Smart List rule logic: use Any filters.

Ex: 3

Smart List: Trigger: Fill Out Form, (1 or (2 and 3)) and 4)

1. Filter: SFDC Type is Contact 2. Filter: SFDC Type is Lead, 3 Filter: Sales Owner First Name is not Marketo, 4: Filter: Email is xxxx

Smart List rule logic: use Advanced filters.

Please explain these combinations and how these conditions are behaving?

Thanks,