SOLVED

progressive fields, embedded form

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

progressive fields, embedded form

We've got two websites with munchkin codes, in addition to our Marketo landing pages. We've got several forms on website A. We're now adding a new form to website B.

The first time I went to test the form, it didn't recognize me, and showed all fields, including the progressive fields. These are fields that have data. Website A definitely recognizes me. Would that cookie not apply to website B? If I fill out the form on website B and come back to it, it then recognizes me and hides completed 'progressive' fields.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: progressive fields, embedded form

If the websites do not share a common private parent domain, they will not share cookies.

www1.example.com and www2.example.com share example.com.  www.example2.com and www.example3.com do not share anything.

If you're using a two-letter TLD (such as .ly) you also need to perform special Munchkin configuration.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

If the websites do not share a common private parent domain, they will not share cookies.

www1.example.com and www2.example.com share example.com.  www.example2.com and www.example3.com do not share anything.

If you're using a two-letter TLD (such as .ly) you also need to perform special Munchkin configuration.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh... got it.. Just found an article, too. "First Party Cookies". Any way around this?

SanfordWhiteman

Yes and no.

A considerable amount of custom development can solve this.