SOLVED

polls functionality is kind of confusing

Go to solution
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

polls functionality is kind of confusing

So I created a poll on a landing page and when I had a few internal staff test it, a couple of people were confused because it looks like you have to sign on to either linkedin, twitter or facebook to respond.  I tested it myself and it looks that way, but you can still vote without having to share.  Is there a way to turn that off? I tried turning off the social media sharing but I couldn't deselect all of them.  

Also is there a way customize the look and feel of the poll?  It looks HUGE on the page. 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: polls functionality is kind of confusing

Drop a custom HTML block onto your logo. Then delete the spaces from below...

<   style   =   "text/css"   > 

<   / style > 

Really very simple. I used to use Firebug too. The way you can edit the code to get it looking nice, then just select the edited areas and copy into Marketo, perfectly formatted css. As long as Firebug can do that too, you're cool.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Responders will indeed have to sign in to the network of their choice. Same for sharing. I'm not sure if you can switch off sharing. In any case, the entire poll can be customized using CSS and JavaScript: for advanced customization you will need the help of a web developer. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Michelle - Do you use Google Chrome?  If so, just right click on the thing you want to edit, and chose Inspect Element. Then play around with the styling in there, you can make the poll bigger or smaller, different fonts etc. (turn off the count on social buttons) .. Then once you're happy with the way it looks in chrome, you just have to copy the CSS from chrome & put it into a custom HTML block.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Thanks Jep and Adam, so where would I actually made the edits?  Is it the property sheet within the landing page? I actually don't use Google Chrome, but I do use Firebug in Firefox to inspect code. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drop a custom HTML block onto your logo. Then delete the spaces from below...

<   style   =   "text/css"   > 

<   / style > 

Really very simple. I used to use Firebug too. The way you can edit the code to get it looking nice, then just select the edited areas and copy into Marketo, perfectly formatted css. As long as Firebug can do that too, you're cool.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Oh I see!  Thanks Adam!  I'm going to test.  I'll try Google Chrome then and see. Many thanks. Is there a work around to not having to logon to a social network?  My company just wants it simple and easy. Oh last important question, what is the character max for the poll fields? I take it, it doesn't like n dashes and em dashes. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a clue. Good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adam, Can you show me what needs to go into the HTML block in the landing page to switch off the vote count?
I tried this (and a couple of variations!) but I couldn't get it to work...
<style type="text/css">
.cf_vote_count {display: none;}
</style>
Thanks in advance!