one field triggering values in another

Anonymous
Not applicable

one field triggering values in another

I have a situation where I need the value of one field determine if another field is checked or not. If have a marketing authorization field that is a checkbox that I'd like to have checked initially, but if a person chooses "Canada" as their country, then that marketing auth. field becomes unchecked. Is something like that possible? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

John Reihl

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: one field triggering values in another

This is possible.  Once the checkbox has been initially checked for your leads, you would create the following smart campaign

Smart List
TRIGGER - Data Value Changes
Value is Country
New Value = Canada

FILTER - Marketing Authorization
Value = TRUE

Flow
CHANGE DATA VALUE - Marketing Authorization
Value = FALSE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Val
Thanks for the reply. Actually, though, I was looking for a solution that would actually change the checkbox on the form, before it gets submitted - this is due to Canada's marketing auth. regulations. I'm assuming we could do it thru some custom javascript (do some kind of onchange call for the country field to check if the value is Canada, then uncheck the Marketing Auth field if it is), but I was wondering if anyone knew if this kind of functionality existed in marketop? It's possible I'm misunderstanding your reply Val - let me know.

Thanks

John

Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I think it was actually my misunderstanding of your question and where you wanted to update this checkbox.  If you want to have the checkbox pre-checked on the form, but change to FALSE if the lead selected Canada, I believe you will need some custom javascript in order to do that type of update to that field on the form.