Is there a difference? Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: mktNoTrack vs mktNoTok?

A very big difference, yes.

mktNoTrack = do not rewrite links to bounce off the click tracking server (branding domain) before redirecting to the target. Used when you specifically don't want to track Clicked Link in Email events in the Mkto database, or you need to have to widest possible penetration (i.e. to devices without JavaScript) and are willing to accept not tracking clicks.

mktNoTok = do not add the _mkt_tok parameter to the target link.  Used when the target link does not behave properly -- for example a mailto: link that should not have extraneous URL info or a static file that won't download when there are query params -- or when you specifically do not want web page views to be associated with the lead.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

A very big difference, yes.

mktNoTrack = do not rewrite links to bounce off the click tracking server (branding domain) before redirecting to the target. Used when you specifically don't want to track Clicked Link in Email events in the Mkto database, or you need to have to widest possible penetration (i.e. to devices without JavaScript) and are willing to accept not tracking clicks.

mktNoTok = do not add the _mkt_tok parameter to the target link.  Used when the target link does not behave properly -- for example a mailto: link that should not have extraneous URL info or a static file that won't download when there are query params -- or when you specifically do not want web page views to be associated with the lead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sanford - mktNoTok will still count clicks though right? Just not tell me WHO clicked?
SanfordWhiteman

mktNoTok will tag the original Clicked Link in Email activity to a named lead.  But the following web activities will be anonymous, because Munchkin won't have the token available to name the lead.