Re: mktEditable section not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

mktEditable section not working

I created a Landing Page Template. I added a few class="mktEditable" sections with their each different ids.

The sections are selectable in the template, but I can’t change their content. I tried adding the class to a <p> and a <div> and none of them worked. I was wondering if there’s some piece of code I’m missing.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

In the landing page editor, you need to drag editable elements from the right hand pallette to modify content.  For example, if you want to add a text section to a particular part of the page you would drage on of the sections into the page.  These sections can then be edited by selecting and rightclicking or double click on the section.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sure you have looked it through, But some times there might be extra html tags etc which are not closed. That might cause it.
You said each of the divs have different ids. Some time that causes the behavior you mentioned.
Also, do you have any custom css class for these divs? May be there is some thing there causing this issue.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

To back up Kenny here, LPs don't really have "editable areas"

You would define the text area by the layout markers (graphics) or other pieces.

To make sure the fonts work well, you can define that in the CSS and then do this:

1. Create an LP in a Program as a Program Template.
2. define text and any tokens. Tokens will have the font you assign to it.
3. make the text areas do what you want.
4. save the LP.
5. clone this LP with the Program.

That way future LPs can be edited with text in the right spots with the right look and feel.