member.webinar url

Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: member.webinar url

Currently there is no preview as such without sending an actual email from the program (i.e. not a Send Test email).
Once, you have registered, view the members section of the webinar program and edit your columns to show the Webinar URL. It's here is will also show you any registeration errors.
Enget_Dang
Level 3

Is anyone having issues or know how to fix the destination of the url if an event hasn't started yet. For instance, we have an email with all the event details that gets sent out to an attendee and if they decide to click on the custom webinar url well before the start of the event, they get sent back to the registration page and not a default page that says the webinar has not started yet.

Gives off the impression that they didn't register properly.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

you need a fallback page.

In the set up of your program, you need to select a landing page as your fallback webpage. This is for the folks who click on thier {{member.webinar url}} URL days, weeks before it starts.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ed,

I have been unable to figure out how to do this. Can you share how you set up the fallback page before the start date?

Thanks in advance.

Abaran
Level 5

Hi Edward

Can you please provide more details regarding this backup page? is it something that says you clicked on link but webinar has not started? Do you have an example?

I believe GoToWebinar will present a page saying that. is it not your experience?

Thanks a lot

axel

Edward_Masson
Level 10

When you created a new Event program, in the set up section where you're filling out the details/connecting to your webinar event, there is a Fallback Page section to connect to an existing Marketo LP.  It's here you will have to connect that LP in the set up. This will be the LP all users come to if they click on the event link before the event has started.

In your Webinar provider (I've been using WebEx), you will need to shut off any settings that will interfere with what you're trying to control inside Marketo.

This WebEx info should help you with how to set up. http://pages2.marketo.com/rs/marketob2/images/Marketo-WebEx-Adapter-User-Guide.pdf

Abaran
Level 5

Thanks Edward. This is for Webex. we are using GotoWebinar. This option is by dfault available in GoToWebinar so i am good. Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Edward,

We have had some issue with the connection of the back up landing page and WebEx... Did you ever faced an issue?

We arrive on the back up landing page even when the event has started... how do you de-activate the back up landing page? Is this supposed to be automatic?

Thanks for the help

Margaux

Enget_Dang
Level 3

Oh the Back-up page. Now that makes sense. Wish I had known that before people started to join the event. Will have to make a note of that next time. Thanks Edward!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ed Masson Thanks for sharing your experiences with all of us. We are trouble shooting a fake webinar with the WebEx connector and have found this info valuable. We had a registration confirmation email with no wait step and the URL token did not populate : ( and now I know why. Thanks for the heads up on the fallback page.