member of engagement filter

Anonymous
Not applicable

member of engagement filter

Can someone explain the relationship with the Member of engagement filter?  

the first field is "Member of Engagement Program" "is/is not operator" ________
the second filter is "Program" "is/is not operator"________

I'm not sure if I am create double negatives or if this filter is only to be used inside a program.  

I haven't found any resources that go into this in detail.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: member of engagement filter

Hi Lyssette,
The Member of Engagement Program filter is a little counter intuitive. It is suggested to not use the "False" operator with this filter.

Instead, if you would like to filter out leads who are in an engagement program, you would make your filter look like:
"Member of Engagement Program: True.
           Program is not [Engagement Program Name]"

If you would like to filter on people who are in an Engagement Program, use the "Program is" or "Program is any" constraints.

Does that answer your question?

Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please note there might be a small bug (currently being fixed) on using "ANY" for engagement programs. The filter would select way more leads than which are actually in any engagement program.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Will A - am I missing something?  These are non-equivalent, so your suggestion won't work.
  1. Not member of engagement program x.
  2. Member of Engagement Program: True. Program is not x.
1 is what I need. 2 only matches leads who are a member of an engagement program other than x.

I need to write a "sweeper campaign" that finds leads with certain properties who are not a member of a particular engagement program.  The campaign adds them in to that engagement program.

I am finding that writing the filter I need (Member of engagement program: False. Program is x) does not work.  It returns no leads.

Do I need to submit a bug report, or wait for a fix, or am I getting it wrong? 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

My apologies, I believe I was mistaken.

Richard, to accomplish what you would like to do, use the "Member of Program" filter and your engagement programs will populate in there, as well. The logic is as you would expect here.

I believe the main use of the "Member of Engagement Program" filter is to make them eligable to be added to Engagement Streams.

Best,
Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Will A - that is a sensible workaround and solves my problem - much appreciated.  I can confirm that this works as I'd expect: "Member of Program is false. Program is (engagemenet program)".

Using "Member of Engagement Program is false." does not work as it should.