SOLVED

marketo without crm - campaign History

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

marketo without crm - campaign History

Hello there,

is anyone out there who is using Marketo without a connection to a CRM?

How are you managing the tracking of the campaign history of a lead? Any workarounds in place?

Would love to have a discussion around this topic.

Best,

Ioulia
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: marketo without crm - campaign History

Tracking people in marketo.  is a discussion I started a long time ago. It might be interesting for you to read the whole thing, the part that intersts you is towards the end, but if you don't understand the beginning you won't understand the end. 

You would also be interested in my Campaign Influences campaign. 

Josh-
I seem to remember having system errors once for using Interesting Moments without MSI installed. Perhaps they've engineered that out since then, but as I remember you can't use I.M. without having a CRM/MSI link.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The best way is to use Programs because the Program Analyzer will help substitute for anything you'd get in SFDC. Make sure you setup your Progression Channels and Period Costs properly and you'll have great tracking.

You can also setup Interesting Moments and make more extensive use of them inside Marketo even if you aren't passing it over to Sales. Those will also show up in Opp Analyzer.

But you should connect Marketo to a CRM or you lose much of its value.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tracking people in marketo.  is a discussion I started a long time ago. It might be interesting for you to read the whole thing, the part that intersts you is towards the end, but if you don't understand the beginning you won't understand the end. 

You would also be interested in my Campaign Influences campaign. 

Josh-
I seem to remember having system errors once for using Interesting Moments without MSI installed. Perhaps they've engineered that out since then, but as I remember you can't use I.M. without having a CRM/MSI link.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! Thank you very very much Adam! You just made my day.
A really great, helpfull article!

Off to start looking into implementing this 🙂