marketo form use best practices-seeking advice

Anonymous
Not applicable

marketo form use best practices-seeking advice

I've recently joined a company who uses a single form, that's actual form, not a form that serve as templates to be cloned- and they track all form completions based on the urls where they place the form. The lead source and corresponding details are also triggered by where-what url- the form was completed on.

This is very different from my previous environment, where we cloned a set of forms, and each gated asset or event registration had its own form with hidden fields for lead source and corresponding details. This seemed like a cleaner process to me.

Does anyone have any feedback/advice for doing it one way or the other?
The only caveat (and it's possibly not a caveat at all, is that the new company uses NetSuite- whereas as previously I was working with SalesForce)

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: marketo form use best practices-seeking advice

I think as long as you are using Programs you will be able to report on success in a program based on the channel and how you set up your tags. This will give you the one-to many relationship you need for multi-touch attribution reporting. The trigger will always be filled out form with the condition of the page it is on. This will give you the control over reporting on Marketing's influence on pipeline and opportunities.
Calvin_Lam
Level 4

I think that it really depends on your business which I have limited information.  In general, my thought is follows:

(1) Single Form used in many Landing Pages

If the information needed for most of your landing pages are pretty much the same, then this is a good option.  If you decided to collect additional information say a lead's interest 6 months down the road, all you need to do is change that one form, re-approve your landing pages and you are done.

This also works great if you only have a small handful of forms

(2) Form for each gated asset

This works better if you have very different information you need to collect for each landing page.  A good example would be that you have multiple lines of products.  For example, if I own an electronic store (which I don't), I might ask the lead what TV size screen they are interested in if I am doing a special on TV while I will ask them how much storage they need if they are buying an iPad.  Not sure if this is a good example but you get the idea.

In this case, there are just too many variants to use one form and this option is probably better.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Calvin. Just want to note that since you are the "new guy" or girl in your case I would make reporting work with the current architecture for one or two cycles and then move to best practices. maybe you can get them to deploy Salesforce even... 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both. In my dreams they'd deploy SalesForce... who thought i'd ever say that