mapping inferred state to state in SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

mapping inferred state to state in SFDC

We do not collect any address related information on our Marketo forms.  My sales team would like to know the lead's inferred state in order to know what timezone they are in.  They insist that using marketo insights slows them down and would like it to show up on the SFDC lead layout.

Any ideas on how to populate the inferred state into SFDC?  I would prefer not to add new fields in salesforce, instead map it to State.  They an confirm this once they get a hold of the lead.

Or is there a way to map timezone directly?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: mapping inferred state to state in SFDC

You can create a smart campaign that is triggered by Lead is Created and has a Change Data Value flow action for the State field with New Value: {{lead.Inferred State Region}}.  You may want to further constrain the Lead is Created with Source Type is Web form fillout. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 for Elliott's approach.  Be sure to filter leads where the inferred state is empty and the state field is not already filled in so you don't overwrite anything.  

You can also create a custom field formula where every inferred state maps to a time zone in flow steps.  See this article for more information:
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kyp3CAC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it!  Thanks Elliott and Steven!  I am sure my sales team will love this.