SOLVED

list id not recognized

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

list id not recognized

I am trying to use the rest API for Get List By Id. I understand that the address request should be formatted as URL: <REST API Endpoint URL>/rest/v1/lists/{id}.json

I am using a static list number and not a smart list. when I enter a list number that I know is valid, it returns the list. When I enter a second list number which I also know is valid I get no list found. I know the connection strings are correct because it does return results when I change list numbers. I know that the second list is a valid list cause I can navigate to is in the browser as well. I am not sure as to why the second list number is returning nothing. Can someone please help me?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: list id not recognized

That's your issue.  Admin is not an API role.  You need to add a role that specifically has those API permissions to the user for it to access data in that workspace.  This should give you the info you need: Custom Service » Marketo Developers

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jeff,

You could try submitting a support case, but be sure to include the following to make sure it's productive:
1. The URL of the GET

2. The full response from Marketo

3. A URL to the list in your Marketo

4. Which custom service in your Marketo you're using to make the call

Grant

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried to open a support case but unfortunately it came up with a message that stated:

You are currently logged in through an instance that does not have rights to access the Marketo Support Portal.

Please login with your Marketo Credentials from your supported production instance to get access to the Marketo Support Portal.

Best regards,

Marketo Customer Support

https://app-sjo.marketo.com/#ST3675B2LA1  <-- this is the list I am trying to access.

https://622-QKU-684.mktorest.com/rest/v1/list/3675/leads.json?access_token={my_Access_Token} <-- this is the request that will not work.

https://622-QKU-684.mktorest.com/rest/v1/list/2757/leads.json?access_token={my_access_token} <--this is the request that will work.

In regards to Kenny's point.

One list is under the workspace of default and the other is under ww-smb. I have tried passing in workspace but it still comes back with 'list not found' is this the issue?

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

In the Admin > Users & Roles menu, when you look at this user does it have a role with the Read-Only/Read-Write Lead permission in both workspaces?

Anonymous
Not applicable

under the "Role(Workspace)" column. all it has listed is "Admin"

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

That's your issue.  Admin is not an API role.  You need to add a role that specifically has those API permissions to the user for it to access data in that workspace.  This should give you the info you need: Custom Service » Marketo Developers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I followed the instructions and it worked on the first go round! Thank you for your help!

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Great.  Glad we could get you going.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Do you have workspaces and partitions in the target instance?  If your user doesn't have access to the workspace where one of the lists is then nothing would be returned in that case.  Providing the info that Grant suggested would also be helpful.