Re: limited fields for segmentation

Stephanie_Stude
Level 2

limited fields for segmentation

Context: Our team is looking at building out a segmentation based on our SFDC Account Score (ranging from 0 to 100). If an individual has a related account score of 0-30 for Leads OR Account Score for Contacts then they are our "low" score, if they have a related account score of 31-60 for leads OR account score for contacts, then they are "medium", and so on. 

Question: Even though the person attribute field "SFDC type" (lead, contact) shows up on other smart lists within database, it does not show up for segmentatoins. Why is that? Are there limited fields for segmentation? 

Thank you!

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Usually you cannot reference a smart list in a Segmentation. Otherwise, you should be able to use any visible field in the Segmentation. I'd go check the docs in case there are some limits, such as Account object fields. I haven't seen that restriction myself though.

Stephanie_Stude
Level 2

Thank you!

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Fields with values that can change without a Data Value Changed activity generally are unavailable for Segmentations, which rely on that Activity Type to trigger a segmentation evaluation.  SFDC Type is an example of one of those fields.

Stephanie_Stude
Level 2

Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can create a custom field that mirrors the same data, then use that in your seg. Use a daily batch campaign to update the custom field.

Stephanie_Stude
Level 2

Thank you so much, I think this is the route we are going to take.