Re: lead scoring

Anonymous
Not applicable

lead scoring

I have set up all tokens.  However, how can i select multiple tokens for one campaign?  Say, I have an email campaign which I want to track: 
1) if that person has download a report?
2) If he/she has click other links
3) if he/she has click to the website.  

How can I set that. 
Thanks
Mabel 
8 REPLIES 8
Natali_Talevski
Level 4

Hi Mabel,

Just so I understand, are you looking to set up triggers that would assign a score based on the action a lead undertakes?

If so, then you set up a smart campaign (one for each of your triggers) with the trigger being the action you want to score on and the flow step being Change Score +/- amount of points you wish to assign.

You can do as many as you like for a single camapign, but if it's a lead scoring system, then it would be easier to put together a basic set of score campaigns that will update scores based on any behaviours a lead does.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Natali, 

I have tried setting that up.  But how I can set up score cmapaigns that can apply to all new smart campaigns?  Also, I have Marketo linked to Saleforce. I want to set up leads in marketo reaches a certain score before it went into Saleforce as a lead there.  How can I do that?    Can I also filter out a list of database that I will never wants to trigger a lead?   e.g. those under Free Subscription in Lead Source? 

Thanks a lot 
Mabel 

Natali_Talevski
Level 4

For your lead scoring, you set up a smart campaign for each action you want to score on. These don't need to be within a program - they can be created on their own and placed within a campaign folder. So as an example, if you want to add 10 points for everyone who clicks a link on your website, you would have a trigger "Clicks Link on Web Page; Link Name is any" (or whatever links you want to track specifically). Then your flow step would be "Change Score: Score Name = Lead Score, Change +10" This will pick up everyone in your database that does that action - regardless of whether or not they are a member of a campaign.

To filter out certain leads from receiving the score, you simply add that criteria under the smart list with your trigger. So if you have a list set up with people you don't want to score, you will add a filter of "Member of List not in {{list name}}" or if it's a certain field then that field criteria, eg Lead Source not equal to Free Subscription.

If you want leads of a certain score (eg 100 points) only syncing into Salesforce, then that is the same set up. Just create a smart campaign (again, doesn't need to be within a prgram) that has a Smart List with a trigger of "Data Value Changes: Attribute = Lead Score, New Value greater than 100" and a Flow Step of "Sync Lead to SFDC, Assign to {{whatever your assignment rules are}}" (usually leave as Use Auto Assignment Rules)

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK.. let me try...  So, This has to be set in the Smart List in every program?  

However, all previous programs hasn't had anything set as  "Data Value Changes: Attribute = Lead Score, New Value greater than 100"  nor a flow Step to synd Lead to SFDC, it still show up in SFDC?     Any insight? 

Thanks 
Mabel 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Natalie, also, in terms of scoring, how can I manage lead scoring in multiple campaigns instead of just one.  E.g. one leads might score 20 within one campaign but after a few nuturing campaign, it will score over 100 and that's the time i want it to trigger a notification to SF as a lead.   How can I do that? 

Thanks 
Mabel 

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You need a separate Program and series of Campaigns to manage your lead lifecycle:
  • Lifecycle Program
    • MQL Campaign: When Data Value Changes: Score >=100, then Sync to SFDC

You can do a lot more than this, but that should take care of your initial need.
Natali_Talevski
Level 4

I would get in touch with your Marketo contact and/or Marketo support. They will be able to talk you through it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Natali, that will be great.   Perhaps, I will need a overall reset of my Marketo System.  

Josh, do you mean i need a Smart Campaign and named it MQL, then set the scoring and Sync to SFDC, then when I create new campaigns, i just add that as a trigger to every of my campaign? 

Regards
Mabel