last interaction date

Anonymous
Not applicable

last interaction date

I would like to add a field/column for each lead that shows last interaction date.  The Activity Log keeps track of this information, but how can I populate a new field with the date of an activity?  I need to have this populated retroactively, so I can look at historic data, so adding a flow step to each of my campaigns is not an option.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: last interaction date

Can you talk about the usecase a bit? What do you mean by an "interaction" in this context?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am adding my data to another database and require a 'last transaction date' for each user.  This would be the most recent interaction the person had with one of our marketing campaigns.  Could be actions like clicking through an email, registering or attending an event, or filling out a form. 

Unfortunately 'updated date' won't work because that could have been triggered by an internal event and not necessarily the individual in question taking action.  Ideally, I would like to set up some campaign where if 'clicked email' is true, then it would populate the transaction field with the date of their most recently clicked link, and so on. 

I would probably also need to know how to sort through which of the actions is the most recent. For example, if one person had clicked email and attended event, I would want to be able to evaluate the date for both of the fields that I have created and then determine which is the most recent and populate that into a fourth field.

Any suggestions would be apprciated, maybe I can approach it a different way.  Ultimately, I need to be able to take the date information of an activity and populate it into a field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, are you syncing that underlying data using the API? Wouldn't you be able to infer that date yourself?

I'm just trying to figure out how that data gets used. It might also be possible to run a batch campaign every night which writes the current date into a field if a relevant interaction happened on that day.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure how to populate a field with the data.  I can look at individiuals and determine the last transaction data based on their activity log, but cannot do so for 29,000 people. 

Is there any way to run a campaing that would take the date from one field and populate it into another field? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doing it historically is going to be tricky- I don't know of a good way.

If you wanted to do it going forward, I'd create a nightly recurring batch campaign which looked for leads which had that activity in the last day and then set the value on the last date field to the current date.
Jennifer_Donahu
Level 2

Has anyone figured this one out? At Summit 2019, one of the speakers referred to setting up a "Marketo Last Active Date" (or something similar) to help with purging inactive contacts from the database. How does one set up a program to help identify and tag this date based on triggered activity? I can't seem to locate any detail with the community.

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Jennifer - this original post is from 2014. I'd recommend you start a new thread with your question and you'll get responses.