SOLVED

Re: landing page as a pop-up

Go to solution
Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

landing page as a pop-up

Hi all,

I am looking for a way for a landing page to appear as a sort of pop-up.

We do use pop-up tools on our website, but unfortunately, they do not support progressive profiling. Also when I embed a Marketo form in the pop-up, progressive profiling does not work.

Therefore, I want to use a Marketo landing page, due to its functionality.

Would anyone know how to get the following done:

On our website we hyperlink a button. By clicking on the button, you go to a Marketo landing page. However, the page does not fill the entire screen, but rather looks like a sort of pop-up. It is important of course that the form and the body text on the page are nicely shown within the frame of the page.

Any ideas?

Furthermore, from the Marketo side of things, would creating landing page template with a smaller screen size be a step in the right direction?

Thanks for the help!

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

We do use pop-up tools on our website, but unfortunately, they do not support progressive profiling. Also when I embed a Marketo form in the pop-up, progressive profiling does not work.

ProgPro does work on embedded forms.  There must be something else you're doing wrong, or you're confusing Prefill with ProgPro.  They are distinct features and it is only Prefill that (for security reasons) is disabled on embeds.

On our website we hyperlink a button. By clicking on the button, you go to a Marketo landing page. However, the page does not fill the entire screen, but rather looks like a sort of pop-up. It is important of course that the form and the body text on the page are nicely shown within the frame of the page.

Any ideas?

If what you really want is ProgPro, there's no need for the overhead of embedding an LP.

Please link to your URL.  This should be the first step when asking about code that doesn't work!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

ProgPro does work on embedded forms.  There must be something else you're doing wrong, or you're confusing Prefill with ProgPro.  They are distinct features and it is only Prefill that (for security reasons) is disabled on embeds.

Any ideas?

If what you really want is ProgPro, there's no need for the overhead of embedding an LP.

Please link to your URL.  This should be the first step when asking about code that doesn't work!

Tom_Liolios4
Level 4

Thanks Sanford.

I indeed confused progressive profiling with form prefill.

As prefill does not work on embedded forms, I assumed progressive profiling would also not.

Thanks for alerting me that it does!