iOS One-Click Unsubscribe

Julie_Gederos
Level 2

iOS One-Click Unsubscribe

Increasingly I am seeing more and more people unsubscribe using the iOS one-click unsubscribe link in emails. See screenshots below. Does Marketo have the capability to configure the IOS link to point to a custom URL? Or create a list unsubscribe header? We currently have the custom link in the footer of every email but clearly we also need it at the top of the email. Thanks!
MarketoNation.png

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: iOS One-Click Unsubscribe

Marketo includes the List-Unsubscribe header already, on non-operational and non-sample emails.

Julie_Gederos
Level 2

Thanks, Sanford. Can you point me to some resources on how to implement? Can you send a screenshot of how you've implemented? 

SanfordWhiteman

Nothing at all to implement, the header is added automatically.

Julie_Gederos
Level 2

Would you mind clarifying? The message "This message is form a mailing list. Unsubscribe" is from the iOS, not Marketo, right? I'd like to hyperlink the word Unsubscribe to my preference center as opposed to the one-click unsubscribe. Do you know if that's possible? 

SanfordWhiteman

It's not possible to customize the URL in the List-Unsubscribe header (which is where mail clients like iOS Mail -- and Gmail and Outlook as well btw -- derive the button from).  This is to ensure that the Unsubscribe request is enforced by the Marketo platform.  If you were allowed to override the URL then you could not be guaranteed to honor the request.

Tom_Shin1
Level 1

Is it possible to remove the list-unsubscribe header to non-operational emails or is this not possible?

SanfordWhiteman

Is it possible to remove the list-unsubscribe header to non-operational emails or is this not possible?

Not possible, because the idea of the List-Unsubscribe header is to allow for easy removal. If you’re trying to make it harder that’s a bad sign.