Re: iFrame within a Rich Text Token on Landing Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

iFrame within a Rich Text Token on Landing Page

We populate our landing page templates with tokens. I want to embed YouTube and SlideShare code using a Rich Text token - is it possible to do this? Have tried, unsuccesfully, and am hoping there is a way to make it work. I know that it works by inserting an HTML object, but as mentioned, we used tokens to populate the content on the landing page and would need to redesign the page to accomodate for the YouTube / SlideShare code.

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

what have you tried now? Did you drop the custom HTML into the Rich Text Token?

Have you tried using a straight Text Token?

Have you tried loading the code, but then using a Text Token in place of the URLs for the video?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Justin Cooperman​ and Josh Hill​.

Using the plain Text token works, but curious why the Rich Text token doesn't. Here's what I have in the Rich Text token:

<p>Introduction.</p>

<iframe width="400" height="225" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/10JaQyX4Bzw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<p>Outro.</p>

When I hit Save, it turns into:

<p>Introduction.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Outro.</p>

Hope I'm just making some kind of rookie mistake!

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

I just tested this and it works exactly how you expect. Maybe try it again and let me know if you don't see it save correctly? Support ticket after that if it's still not working as it should.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We're using a custom HTML template which may be causing the issue. Opening a ticket to investigate further.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Is the issue still present though? I did exactly what you typed above and after hitting "save" the content was still there...

If you insert it into a landing page, it will just take the HTML code verbatim and stick it where you put it in the landing page.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Synthia,

This should work fine if you are using a rich-text program token and placing it in the landing page template (or landing page itself). Make sure the landing page is within the program where you have defined the token. If you are having issues, please let me know and I can look into it for you. I can also take a look at your code.