SOLVED

html formatting in calendar token?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

html formatting in calendar token?

For some reason, my calendar token is formatting half of the text (larger and color) and the other half is plain and how the token normally looks. Ideas on why it's doing this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: html formatting in calendar token?

Hi Kim! It can be challenging when Outlook decides to do this. Because ICS files are just plain text, they don't store any font information. Outlook looks for certain key things to happen to determine if something should be a header or not. Headers are the lines that get displayed in bold, blue text.

If you open a case with support we can address your case specifically. But in general:

If the first line of the description does not end in punctuation, Outlook sees it as a header.

"Thank you for registering" displays in bold, blue.
"Thank you for registering!" displays as normal text.

If you have a line witha ":" at the end followed by an enter, the next line will be bolded and blue.

If you have a line followed by two enters and 3 or more lines of text, it will be bolded and blue.

There isn't a single document going over all instances of this. I'm working on one for our Community as we speak. There are some other interesting things to note like starting a line with "-" will actually give you a bullet point. Things like that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kim! It can be challenging when Outlook decides to do this. Because ICS files are just plain text, they don't store any font information. Outlook looks for certain key things to happen to determine if something should be a header or not. Headers are the lines that get displayed in bold, blue text.

If you open a case with support we can address your case specifically. But in general:

If the first line of the description does not end in punctuation, Outlook sees it as a header.

"Thank you for registering" displays in bold, blue.
"Thank you for registering!" displays as normal text.

If you have a line witha ":" at the end followed by an enter, the next line will be bolded and blue.

If you have a line followed by two enters and 3 or more lines of text, it will be bolded and blue.

There isn't a single document going over all instances of this. I'm working on one for our Community as we speak. There are some other interesting things to note like starting a line with "-" will actually give you a bullet point. Things like that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that worked!

That'll be a very useful document, thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

That would be a fascinating document to have! I want that!
Anonymous
Not applicable

We all want that!