SOLVED

Re: how to check status of field syncing

Go to solution
stacenic
Level 3

how to check status of field syncing

Hi!

Is there a way to look at a field under field mgmt to see if it is syncing properly or if the sync is broken? (with SFDC) 

What is the best way to do a health check of the SFDC/Marketo sync? 

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

I don't know of any systematic or exportable way of seeing the sync status and its functionality, but you see the synced Salesforce field on the field's details:

2020-11-12 10_34_32-Window.jpg

If you see that, you have to assume that the sync for this field works. If you're in doubt, just change the field value either in Marketo or in Salesforce and see what happens.

Also, I'd recommend to always keep an eye on the Notifications tab in Marketo. It will give you daily overviews on sync errors and which fields or field values might cause them.
notification.jpg

At least one person in your org should always have that notifications area at "inbox zero". 😉

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

In the Admin section, under Integrations > Salesforce there are two tabs (Sync Status and Sync Errors). In addition, sync errors will give you a notification with a good level of detail to be able to troubleshoot the error.

stacenic
Level 3

Thank you for the quick response! It does not look like I can filter by a specific field - it's just a general overview of all of the sync statuses and sync errors. I'd like to drill down by specific field if possible 

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I don't know of any systematic or exportable way of seeing the sync status and its functionality, but you see the synced Salesforce field on the field's details:

2020-11-12 10_34_32-Window.jpg

If you see that, you have to assume that the sync for this field works. If you're in doubt, just change the field value either in Marketo or in Salesforce and see what happens.

Also, I'd recommend to always keep an eye on the Notifications tab in Marketo. It will give you daily overviews on sync errors and which fields or field values might cause them.
notification.jpg

At least one person in your org should always have that notifications area at "inbox zero". 😉