Re: how to add contacts that have opted out

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to add contacts that have opted out

We just migrated from Pardot and I need to add our "unmailable" list Marketo. These are people who have opted out or these emails have bounced in the past. We have some cleaning up to do on our Salesforce database but in the mean time I want to make sure that we DON'T send to these contacts.

4 REPLIES 4
Hobie_Thompson1
Level 4

Is there any reason you cant export the list in CSV format from your list of bounced emails, add them to a List in Marketo, and then make sure to specifically exclude those contacts from any Email programs or campaigns sending out emails?  Alternatively, you could also import that List into Marketo and run a Data Value Change program to  change the Unsubscribed field to true?

Erika_S
Level 2

As Hobie stated, importing a csv might be your best bet. Upload your static list with 'email address' column and 'unsubscribe' column where unsubscribe equals true.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dorothy,

You can import them straight away in Marketo, in a dedicated list, and flag them as unsubscribed after the import.

You can also import them and include the "Unsubscribed" field in the import file, value = 1

Last point, read this, it might help you: Feeding the Durable Unsubscribe List without increasing the database

-Greg

Julz_James
Level 10

I would do exactly as Greg said, upload the leads with the Unsubscribe value, at least then you have them in Marketo to track activities on your website etc if and when they fill out forms etc.