SOLVED

Re: how the lead engaged with a webinar recording video

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

how the lead engaged with a webinar recording video

Hi,

Is there a way to track how much time a lead stayed on a page using Marketo?

We mainly want to know how the lead engaged with a webinar recording video that we deployed in our TY page.

BTW, I know there are Marketo partners that provide solution (e.g. Vidyard), I prefer to check how we can do it in the “Vanilla” version.

Thanks,

Guy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This is already fully solved and documented in a blog post that was based off my original code. Other comments here and here​ and by searching the Community for "youtube munchkin."

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

I've not done this before, but IMO, I would take out Marketo as a factor when trying to figure out how much time a lead stayed on a page.  You'll have better success at finding solutions because this is not a Marketo exclusive feature. 

Once you figure out how to store the value of the time spent on the page (whether its using jQuery, JS, AJAX, etc.) you can start to figure out how to push that value over to Marketo using either Munchkin, SOAP or REST APIs. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, this is what im tryying to understand - how to track the time spend for each lead, afterwards do other things.

Anonymous
Not applicable

With tyring to be "vanilla" in mind... can you use data from Google Analytics for this purpose?

Anonymous
Not applicable

i want to know the lead detials - GA in anonymous

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I believe Sanford and others have posted javascript on how to pass % of video viewed if you do not want Vidyard.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have the code but our web developer adds this to video pages at 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% so we can get that into Google Analytics to understand video interaction.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i want to know the lead detials - GA is anonymous (i can't track lead performance)

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This is already fully solved and documented in a blog post that was based off my original code. Other comments here and here​ and by searching the Community for "youtube munchkin."

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks so much Sanford !

this is very close to what we're looking for (we don't use youtube, but it's an option). i've read the manual, but it will take time to figure everything and clone it.

i wasn't able to see any results in "click actions logged to Marketo (scrollable):" box - should i've seen anything?