SOLVED

how do you manage approval flows?

Go to solution
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

how do you manage approval flows?

I'm struggling to get content submitted, reviewed, approved in a trackable, efficient fashion. Any tips on Marketo utilization or third party saas capable of streamlining this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how do you manage approval flows?

Hi JD,

This is a very common problem. When I first joined my current organization this was a struggle. We worked with a third party Podio (but there are several vendors we evaluated) to build out web forms that tie into a process. As I push the request along each step has a different name in the process and it auto assigns tasks to my team and the requester. ie. If you submit it sends me an email to assign someone on my team to take the work on.

We developed a standard SLA and required fields to start the work. We guarantee to always meet our SLAs, however if approvals take longer than the project may push. I also created documentation for the whole team and ran a training. It's still a work in process, but I do feel like our team has lowered SLAs, we know about all projects in the pipe and there is a greater visibility into the amount of work my team does.

Just a heads up for more strategic projects we do require a KOC first so we know the scope and then we build a flow chart get all the requirements and provide a suggested SLA.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Kelley

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: how do you manage approval flows?

Hi JD,

This is a very common problem. When I first joined my current organization this was a struggle. We worked with a third party Podio (but there are several vendors we evaluated) to build out web forms that tie into a process. As I push the request along each step has a different name in the process and it auto assigns tasks to my team and the requester. ie. If you submit it sends me an email to assign someone on my team to take the work on.

We developed a standard SLA and required fields to start the work. We guarantee to always meet our SLAs, however if approvals take longer than the project may push. I also created documentation for the whole team and ran a training. It's still a work in process, but I do feel like our team has lowered SLAs, we know about all projects in the pipe and there is a greater visibility into the amount of work my team does.

Just a heads up for more strategic projects we do require a KOC first so we know the scope and then we build a flow chart get all the requirements and provide a suggested SLA.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Kelley