SOLVED

Re: how do I create a token for a marketo form field?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do I create a token for a marketo form field?

how do I create a token for a marketo form field?

I know how to create a token within a program, but I don't know how to associate the token with the field.

One of my fields is "Comments" and I want to create a task to add the comments into salesforce (I already know how to create a task)

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Natali_Talevski
Level 4

Hi Isabela,

Does your SFDC instance have a field called Comments or Notes? If so, simply having that field in the form will sync that data into SFDC when the form is submitted. Otherwise, I would create that field against your lead and contact records in SFDC and then pull it into your form.

Or, is what you want is to add the Comments field into your SFDC task that you are creating from Marketo, then you would add the token for the field within your task detail, eg {{lead.field name}}. This would add any values against that field to the task in SFDC.

Hope that helps. If I have not understood correctly, please let me know.

Thanks

Natali

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Natali_Talevski
Level 4

Hi Isabela,

Does your SFDC instance have a field called Comments or Notes? If so, simply having that field in the form will sync that data into SFDC when the form is submitted. Otherwise, I would create that field against your lead and contact records in SFDC and then pull it into your form.

Or, is what you want is to add the Comments field into your SFDC task that you are creating from Marketo, then you would add the token for the field within your task detail, eg {{lead.field name}}. This would add any values against that field to the task in SFDC.

Hope that helps. If I have not understood correctly, please let me know.

Thanks

Natali
Anonymous
Not applicable

Natali is right -- I think the key distinction to make here is between program/folder level tokens (which you create and define at the folder/program level) and tokens related to lead/company fields. 

Each lead/company field has a token automatically associated with it. If you are using the token picker in an email you'll see them all. 

Once you find your token name which usually follows the format {{lead.field name}} or {{company.field name}} then you can drop it into your Create Task flow step to populate it in your tasks.