SOLVED

Re: how can i manage unsubscribed leads?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

how can i manage unsubscribed leads?

I blasted an email to customers, then some customers unsubscribed. How can I manage unsubscribed leads? will those unsubscribed leads will automatically update in my smart list and the system smart list?

2015-12-23_115503.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yep. I see a lot of people use the invalid and unsubscribe filters in smart lists and to be clear - this is NOT necessary because Marketo will block these people on the Schedule Tab under "Blocked count".

However, it is fine to put the filters in there if you want a cleaner count.

Always Blocked from ALL Email Sends

Email Invalid=T

Black Listed=T

Blocked from Non Operational Emails:

Unsubscribed=T

Marketing Suspended=T

I DO recommend setting up an Email List Automation Program to manage BOUNCES and other potentially invalid emails or inactive leads that you should stop emailing. Marketo does NOT do this automatically. It is the single biggest win you can setup in Marketo during implementation (or any time).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo will manage those unsubscribed leads for you, even if they show up in a smart list Marketo will not send them email.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yep. I see a lot of people use the invalid and unsubscribe filters in smart lists and to be clear - this is NOT necessary because Marketo will block these people on the Schedule Tab under "Blocked count".

However, it is fine to put the filters in there if you want a cleaner count.

Always Blocked from ALL Email Sends

Email Invalid=T

Black Listed=T

Blocked from Non Operational Emails:

Unsubscribed=T

Marketing Suspended=T

I DO recommend setting up an Email List Automation Program to manage BOUNCES and other potentially invalid emails or inactive leads that you should stop emailing. Marketo does NOT do this automatically. It is the single biggest win you can setup in Marketo during implementation (or any time).