Re: hide marketo custom fields that are used by inactive archived campaigns

Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

hide marketo custom fields that are used by inactive archived campaigns

Hi!

I’m cleaning our marketo space and have about 45 fields that are no longer used today, but were frequently used a couple of years ago.

The only way (according to Marketo) that I can hide them is to methodically go to every smart campaign and list they've been used in and remove these fields

But 45(fields)*350 (approx.)= 15,750 and there is simply no way I’ll be able to accomplish this in a reasonable period of time.

I browsed the community and found a couple of similar cases for the past 2-3 years but it seems that there were no satisfactory alternative to this manual labor.

Is it still the case?

No one else has the problem of overwhelming amount of fields that are no longer in use?

How do you solve it?

9 REPLIES 9
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Vlada, unfortunately this is definitely a weak spot for Marketo. You won't be able to hide (or even change the name of) the field if it's referenced anywhere in your instance. There are some ideas to update this, but I'm sure it hasn't been done because it's challenging for Marketo to properly implement.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I believe you can Hide the Field from further use, but it cannot be removed as you indicated.

Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

I'm OK with hiding it, the problem is that i can't do it unless i COMPLELTELY remove all referrences to it across marketo

and for a frequently used fields this really becomes an issue

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hey Vlada - unfortunately that behavior is still true. You cannot hide a field that is in use, even by archived campaigns/assets. Head to the ideas to vote this one up. There are many people who would like to see this.

Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

Thank you, Veronica!

voted up, hope it will become possible one day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Voted up too.

David_Desrosie2
Level 4

+1 for me too!

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

+1