get lead activities - primaryAttributeValue

Anonymous
Not applicable

get lead activities - primaryAttributeValue

for lead activities type 13 (lead changes) we would like to know what field changed.

The documentation that I found doesn't specifically specify how this is returned, but seems to me that primaryAttributeValue might be the way to identify the field that changed. (though it's not clearly named, it's not the attribute value, it's the attribute friendly name) However it seems to be the "friendly name" rather than the REST API name of the field - this is problematic on two levels:

1. in other APIs (such as get leads) we specify the REST API name of the fields we are interested in. So would be nice to use the same names to identify lead changes in the response to get Lead Activities.

2. Friendly Name might be more likely to change than the REST API name.

Should we really have to create a map from "friendly name" to "REST API name" in our code in order to be able to associate the lead updates with the correct fields?

BTW there's also a field called primaryAttributeValueId returned, which is numeric, but no idea what that is.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Eran

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: get lead activities - primaryAttributeValue

(though it's not clearly named, it's not the attribute value, it's the attribute friendly name)

It is the attribute value within the returned JSON.  The PAV is like the lookup key of the JSON object, and exists for other Activity Type IDs as well.  It is not meant to refer to the "value" as in the "Marketo custom field value".

BTW there's also a field called primaryAttributeValueId returned, which is numeric, but no idea what that is. Am I missing something?

I think you are, because the primaryAttributeValueId for Activity Type ID 13 is the id of the field returned from the Describe Lead call.