exporting all marketo activities

Brett_Wulfekuhl
Level 1

exporting all marketo activities

My company currently uses the BI software Qlik to measure company performance and other KPIs. Now we would like to use Qlik to measure campaign performance and ROI for our Marketo campaign, programs, and website activity. My initial thought was to export all of our recorded marketo activities (webpages viewed, forms filled out, landing pages visited, emails opened, etc...) and then upload them to Qlik for analysis. Is this possible? If so, how do I go about doing it? If not, is there a better way to accomplish my goal?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Brett W.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: exporting all marketo activities

Please move the question to Products​. "Community" here referes to the Marketo Nation website itself -- and yes, this is very confusing.

You can use the REST API Activities endpoint to export the consolidated activity log yes... see the docs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have faced these issues with many of our clients. The challenge is that Marketo Activity data is very bulky that there is no out of the box way to do this. The solution is, we can export all the Marketo activity data using the Marketo API, however, if you are trying to pull out all of it at once the Marketo API will time out. For such cases, we have developed a tool which will fetch the historical data in small packets and store it in a database. After we have fetched all the historical data, we can just add to it incrementally every few hours to keep it updated.

Hope this will help.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

There's no such thing as "all at once" with the Activity API. Data always needs to be fetched in batches, starting from checkpoints.